The Marathon of Afghanistan

The Marathon of Afghanistan was the first international marathon to take place in the country and has been held each year since 2015. We’re proud to have been supported by Etisalat since 2016. The event is open to women and men, international and Afghan, people from all ethnic groups and provinces.

The race takes place in Bamyan province, a beautiful valley in the Hindu Kush which is a UNESCO world heritage site and has long been one of the safest provinces in the country.

All profits are shared between the Marathon of Afghanistan and the Afghan Sports Trust. The Marathon of Afghanistan receives 75% of the profits and the Afghan Sports Trust receives the remaining 25%. The Afghan Sports Trust is a newly-established UK registered charity which helps fund grassroots sports organisations in Afghanistan, and provides opportunity through sport.

  • Placeholder Image
    • Placeholder Image
    • Marathon of Afghanistan T-shirt
    • £20.00
    • An iconic t-shirt with a retail fashion fit, incredibly soft-feel finish and the ultimate ribbed crew neck. All with twin detailing on the shoulders and nape of the neck, twin-needle stitching to the hem and cuffs, and a self-coloured size pip. They are organic cotton, VEGAN approved, BSCI, SedEx, OEKO-Tex and WRAP approved. All profits are shared between the Marathon…
    • Select options